Two new Hollywood movies are releasing wide in theaters this week. Smurfs 2 is the CGI blue-people sequel that was made because you were the lazy parent who took your kids to see Smurfs 1 instead of reading them a book story or teaching them how to survive in the post-apocalypse. 2 Guns is an adaptation of a comic book which stars Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg as a Denzel-y DEA Agent and a Wahlberg-y Navy SEAL, respectively. What do these two movies have in common? Absolutely nothing! But the number “2” is in both titles, so we had local image guru and reality-smasher Jef Castro cook up a mash-up poster from a terrifying universe where Hollywood just released one movie this week. Gaze into the grinning dead eyes of Wahlberg Smurf, and lose yourself forever! READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Smurfs (1-2 of 2)
Lucille Bliss, who provided the voices for the cartoon characters Smurfette, Crusader Rabbit, and Rags died of natural causes on Nov. 8 in Costa Mesa, Calif., the Los Angeles Times reports. She was 96.
The animation voice actress’ career spanned over 60 years; she was working as recently as last month. In addition to her groundbreaking double role in Crusader Rabbit (as the title character and Rags) and her most recognizable role in The Smurfs (as Smurfette), Bliss also gave voice to the stepsister Anastasia in Disney’s 1950 film Cinderella and the original Elroy in the 1960s TV series The Jetsons. Her smaller projects included The Flintstones and Star Wars spinoffs and video games. READ FULL STORY
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- Kris Jenner files for divorce
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS