Gird yourselves: The Comeback is really, truly coming back to HBO. And even though filming for the cult mockumentary’s revival just started, the show’s already tossing out plenty of tasty morsels to fans. Witness, for example, The Comeback’s very first tweet on its brand-new account:
Tag: The Comeback (1-2 of 2)
Fans, your cries of “I do want to see that!” been heard—The Comeback is (reportedly) getting its comeback!
E! reports that HBO has ordered a six-episode revival of The Comeback, the short-lived 2005 series starring Lisa Kudrow as a washed up sitcom star desperate for another shot at fame. Sex and the City and 2 Broke Girls guru Michael Patrick King, who co-created the show with Kudrow, will ostensibly return to oversee the limited run, which could potentially be picked up to a full series if the first six episodes perform well. (You may remember that back in February, EW chatted with King about the future of the series.)
HBO would not confirm news of the revival to EW — but according to E!, the plot would pick up almost a decade after the events of the first season, which involved faded actress Valerie Cherish (Kudrow) balancing an increasingly humiliating supporting sitcom role with a reality show chronicling her return to network television.
So here’s where you come in. What “fresh hell” would Valerie Cherish be up to in 2014? This fame-hungry star was always eager to cling to the spotlight, and there’s no lack of viable options for her to do so in 2014. Here are just some opportunities we’d like to see her attempt:
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- 'Selfie' pilot on Hulu before ABC premiere
- 'Agents of SHIELD' gig for Adrianne Palicki
- 'Outlander' ratings steady; 'Leftovers' rises
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Richard Branson to visit 'The Simpsons'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting for Belle's mom
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in