When I began covering Lifetime’s new soap Devious Maids last year, I was every bit the open-minded – albeit conflicted – journalist. The internal debate I was having about the show – about five Hispanic maids – went something like: “Well, there’ll finally be a television show with a primarily Latina cast!” Followed by, “But they’re all maids.” A slew of thoughts ensued, all along the lines of “We Latinas are more than maids – we’re doctors, engineers, bankers and more,” and then “maids are people too and that’s how many immigrants earn their start in this country.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: television business (1-1 of 1)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online