We’re approaching the end of Labor Day weekend, which means we’ve once again come to the end of the Summer Movie season. It was a curious summer for Hollywood. Big new movies starring megastars like Will Smith and Johnny Depp couldn’t outgross the scary doll in The Conjuring or the magicians in Now You See Me. Superheroes ruled the box office (like always) alongside female-centric films (huzzah!), and Pixar got out-Pixar’d by Despicable Me 2. But there are more important things than money. Like who had the coolest exoskeleton? Who wore a white tank top best? What bad movie had a good soundtrack? And gosh darn it, which movie had the coolest fight? That’s where you come in, fellow moviegoer. We’ve assembled our list of finalists for our authoritative, doctor-approved Summer Movie Awards, and we need you to vote. So scroll down and get started! – Darren Franich READ FULL STORY
Tag: Summer Movie Awards (1-2 of 2)
It’s that time of year again, the time when phrases like “I can’t believe it went by so fast!” and “I’m not ready for it to be getting dark so early!” echo through the malls, halls, and cubicles. Yes, Summer 2013 is coming to a close.
We have just the thing to help you dry your eyes: The EW Summer Movie Awards. To kick it off, we need your help nominating the films, moments, actors, and actresses for movies that came out beginning with the weekend of May 3, when Iron Man 3 was released, through this weekend, with the premiere of Mortal Instruments. Take a run through the list, then hit the comments to let us know who deserves to be nominated in each of the categories and why. Come back Monday to see the full list of nominees and to vote on the winners!
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover