Bruce Springsteen and a collection of all-star comedians will headline the eighth annual Stand Up for Heroes event at the Theater at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 5. Louis C.K., John Mulaney, John Oliver, and NBC’s Brian Williams are already confirmed, and several surprise guests are expected. The event, presented by the Bob Woodruff Foundation and New York Comedy Festival, has raised millions for injured military veterans and their families. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Stand Up for Heroes (1-2 of 2)
“Humor is healing. Music is inspiring.” That’s how Staff Sgt. Robert Henline summed up last night’s Stand Up for Heroes benefit — an annual event for injured service members, veterans, and their families produced by the New York Comedy Festival and the Bob Woodruff Foundation.
In March 2007, Henline’s truck hit a roadside bomb while he was serving his third tour in Iraq. He suffered burns over 38 percent of his body and lost his left ear in the explosion — but Henline held on to his sense of humor. Before the show, the vet worked the red carpet outside of Manhattan’s Beacon Theatre with stars like Ricky Gervais and Roger Waters — and even joked about preparing the Pink Floyd bassist for his Stand Up performance by tossing firecrackers into Waters’ dressing room. READ FULL STORY
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- King Kong animated series coming to Netflix
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- 'Chicago Fire' react: 'Wow Me'
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' react: 'Carrier'
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'