Movies and television make a lot of things look really romantic. When I was young and impressionable, pop culture taught me that kissing in the rain was about 100 times better than kissing in any other weather, and that you didn’t properly ride a Ferris wheel unless you were making out with somebody during it. Additional lessons included the appeal of the “up-against-a-wall” kiss and the shirt rip, all of which I enjoy watching and don’t have an issue with. However, there is one “romantic” gesture I’d like to address: The underwater kiss is not nearly as great as it is portrayed to be. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Splash (1-3 of 3)
As extreme skier Rory Bushfield (pictured, with Baywatch‘s Nicole Eggert) said, “I don’t think any skier would be impressed if I got beat by a couple of actors.” So who, in the hilarious words of Joey Lawrence’s cohost Charissa Thompson, was crowned “the greatest celebrity diver of all-time in our first-ever Splash grand finale?” READ FULL STORY
Here’s the thing about Splash: It doesn’t actually make any sense. And that’s a compliment — if the show made any sense, it wouldn’t be any fun.
For the uninitiated, here’s what you must know: Splash is a new ABC reality diving competition wherein 10 stars train for six weeks and then, each week thereafter, perform at least one dive for a live viewing audience, two judges, and Joey Lawrence. The judges score the dives; the audience scores the dive. All the while, synchronized swimmers practice their synchronicity before commercial breaks. And at the very tip-top of the hour, a woman walks toward the camera in a fancy dress, surrounded by photographers before — splash! — diving into the water.
Do we ever see any of the celebs actually train (under the beneficent twinkle of former Olympian Greg Louganis)? Not really. Do we ever see what the audience members score each diver? Never. Does anyone ask Joey what his co-host’s name is? Please.
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum