Hostess, the beloved maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, announced this morning that it will file for bankruptcy, liquidate its assets, and lay off over 18,000 employees. That’s great news, right? It certainly is for the internet, because now anonymous users can turn it into memes! You know, memes – like Scumbag Steve and Socially Awkward Penguin and my personal favorite, Insanity Wolf. The news only broke a few hours ago – which in internet time is like a trillion years or something – but the pithy Hostess jokes are starting to roll in already. A few of our favorites include:
Tag: Scumbag Steve (1-1 of 1)
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'The Bridge': 'Julibex' wraps season 2
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'