Hostess, the beloved maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, announced this morning that it will file for bankruptcy, liquidate its assets, and lay off over 18,000 employees. That’s great news, right? It certainly is for the internet, because now anonymous users can turn it into memes! You know, memes – like Scumbag Steve and Socially Awkward Penguin and my personal favorite, Insanity Wolf. The news only broke a few hours ago – which in internet time is like a trillion years or something – but the pithy Hostess jokes are starting to roll in already. A few of our favorites include:
Tag: Scumbag Steve (1-1 of 1)
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'
- 'Nashville' finale: Count the cliffhangers!
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- Lea Michele's first book in spring 2014
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'