Hostess, the beloved maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, announced this morning that it will file for bankruptcy, liquidate its assets, and lay off over 18,000 employees. That’s great news, right? It certainly is for the internet, because now anonymous users can turn it into memes! You know, memes – like Scumbag Steve and Socially Awkward Penguin and my personal favorite, Insanity Wolf. The news only broke a few hours ago – which in internet time is like a trillion years or something – but the pithy Hostess jokes are starting to roll in already. A few of our favorites include:
Tag: Scumbag Steve (1-1 of 1)
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Star Wars': Dark Horse comics collection
- 'Sons of Guns' axed; star faces rape charge
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'