The best thing about ABC’s Red Widow is that it feels a lot like someone tried to turn a very dark cable series into a very lighthearted cable series. The show is based on a Dutch TV show from 2010, but the broad strokes are very Walter White (or Nancy Botwin, for that matter.) Radha Mitchell plays Marta Walraven, an average upper-upper-middle class housewife in Marin County. She’s married to a swell guy — Anson Mount, fully rocking his Hell on Wheels beard — who also happens to be heavily involved in organized crime. When he bites the dust, Marta has to take over for him, paying off her husband’s debt to an uber-criminal while dodging the hard-boiled detective who is hot on her trail. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Red Widow (1-1 of 1)
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover