The best thing about ABC’s Red Widow is that it feels a lot like someone tried to turn a very dark cable series into a very lighthearted cable series. The show is based on a Dutch TV show from 2010, but the broad strokes are very Walter White (or Nancy Botwin, for that matter.) Radha Mitchell plays Marta Walraven, an average upper-upper-middle class housewife in Marin County. She’s married to a swell guy — Anson Mount, fully rocking his Hell on Wheels beard — who also happens to be heavily involved in organized crime. When he bites the dust, Marta has to take over for him, paying off her husband’s debt to an uber-criminal while dodging the hard-boiled detective who is hot on her trail. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Red Widow (1-1 of 1)
- 'Voice' eliminated singers are...
- Aaron Sorkin: A 'Newsroom' do-over?
- Mitch Hurwitz deal for new Netflix series
- TV's future? Supreme Court mulls Aereo
- 'Star Wars VII' casting 'almost complete'
- 'Gone Girl' change? 'Greatly exaggerated'
- Bryan Singer accuser names 3 more execs
- 'Game of Thrones': Cool interactive map