Things are always heating up on TNT’s Dallas, but with Elena sleeping with John Ross to get her hands on the letter that details J.R.’s plan for the Ewings to frame Cliff for his murder, they’re about to reach a boil. One man who always keeps his cool is Patrick Duffy (Bobby), which he proves taking our Pop Culture Personality Test. Watch the video and read the transcript below. Dallas airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on TNT. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Patrick Duffy (1-2 of 2)
Never bet against J.R. Ewing. Though that’s just what many industry insiders and Dallas nostalgists did when word got out that a revival of the iconic ’80s series was in the works. And yet the new Dallas, which premiered on June 13, has since emerged as cable’s No. 1 new drama and has also been picked up for a second season. The show has proven to be every bit as delicious as the original. Take it from Larry Hagman, who is clearly relishing the opportunity to unleash his incorrigible J.R. on a new generation. “This makes the old one look like milk toast in the morning with no cinnamon sugar,” he says with a laugh.
On this week’s cover, EW explores TV’s most improbable success story of the summer. “It’s almost dream-like,” laughs Duffy, who along with Hagman and Linda Gray, and newcomers Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, and Julie Gonzalo, anchor the new incarnation. “And God if I wake up and find out I’m playing some gnarly grandpa in a sitcom somewhere, I’m going to be so pissed off,” Duffy adds. (And for those pissed off Bobby and Pam fans, executive producer Cynthia Cidre explains why she didn’t want to bring back Victoria Principal. “No, no, no, no,” she says. “What angle could I possibly play in the relationship?”)
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum