Three years ago my frame of reference for hard-hitting journalism was covering sweaty, Lower East Side indie bands for NYU’s student paper, and two years ago I spent my days hawking Italian linens in Downtown Los Angeles, so it’s fair to say that covering the red carpet at last night’s Oscars was a career high point for me. Since I started at EW last June, I’ve already had a vast array of “Holy crap I have to call Mom and tell her about this” experiences, but none can match up to last night’s glamour. I mean, I had to buy a formal gown. According to my official Academy email, it had to be “tea length” or longer — something I clearly needed to Google, as they don’t have “tea length” sections at H&M, and I usually watch award shows in pajama couture. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Oscars 2012: Behind the Scenes (1-1 of 1)
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- AMC to acquire 49.9 percent of BBC America
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk