Three years ago my frame of reference for hard-hitting journalism was covering sweaty, Lower East Side indie bands for NYU’s student paper, and two years ago I spent my days hawking Italian linens in Downtown Los Angeles, so it’s fair to say that covering the red carpet at last night’s Oscars was a career high point for me. Since I started at EW last June, I’ve already had a vast array of “Holy crap I have to call Mom and tell her about this” experiences, but none can match up to last night’s glamour. I mean, I had to buy a formal gown. According to my official Academy email, it had to be “tea length” or longer — something I clearly needed to Google, as they don’t have “tea length” sections at H&M, and I usually watch award shows in pajama couture. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Oscars 2012: Behind the Scenes (1-1 of 1)
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum