High wire artist Nik Wallenda successfully traversed the Grand Canyon Sunday night without any type of harness or net, walking roughly 1,400 feet across — while 1,500 feet above — the Little Colorado River. While Discovery’s walk-up was more drawn out than an American Idol results show (the highlight was weather expert Jim Cantore’s straw cowboy hat), the actual walk took 22 minutes and 54 seconds — all of which was excruciating to watch. The wind was stronger than Wallenda expected, but as his father kept reminding him, he’d trained for worse. Nik repeatedly asked the Lord to keep the cable he was walking calm and admitted he was “very tense.” Watch the walk below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nik Wallenda (1-1 of 1)
- 'Red Band Society' debuts to sickly ratings
- 'Godzilla' has a 'Breaking Bad' Easter egg
- Darrell Hammond is new 'SNL' announcer
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey
- 'Big Brother': Final three houseguests are...
- Iggy Azalea sues ex-boyfriend over songs
- Aubrey Plaza: Voice of Lifetime's Grumpy Cat
- Matt Smith + Jane Austen + zombies