High wire artist Nik Wallenda successfully traversed the Grand Canyon Sunday night without any type of harness or net, walking roughly 1,400 feet across — while 1,500 feet above — the Little Colorado River. While Discovery’s walk-up was more drawn out than an American Idol results show (the highlight was weather expert Jim Cantore’s straw cowboy hat), the actual walk took 22 minutes and 54 seconds — all of which was excruciating to watch. The wind was stronger than Wallenda expected, but as his father kept reminding him, he’d trained for worse. Nik repeatedly asked the Lord to keep the cable he was walking calm and admitted he was “very tense.” Watch the walk below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nik Wallenda (1-1 of 1)
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- Edgar Wright refocuses on 'Baby Driver'
- 'Ken Jeong Made Me Do It': MTV pilot
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online