High wire artist Nik Wallenda successfully traversed the Grand Canyon Sunday night without any type of harness or net, walking roughly 1,400 feet across — while 1,500 feet above — the Little Colorado River. While Discovery’s walk-up was more drawn out than an American Idol results show (the highlight was weather expert Jim Cantore’s straw cowboy hat), the actual walk took 22 minutes and 54 seconds — all of which was excruciating to watch. The wind was stronger than Wallenda expected, but as his father kept reminding him, he’d trained for worse. Nik repeatedly asked the Lord to keep the cable he was walking calm and admitted he was “very tense.” Watch the walk below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nik Wallenda (1-1 of 1)
- SXSW '14 Jury and Special Award winners
- 'Sex Box' reality series OK'd at WEtv
- 'Blacklist,' 'Voice,' more NBC finale dates
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- President Obama on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Game of Thrones' gets Vanity Fair cover
- 'Big Bro,' 'Dome' premiere dates are...
- Tom Bergeron plans 'Home Videos' exit