Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Muriel Rosenberg (1-1 of 1)
- Fox slammed for 'X rated' Easter Bunny
- 'Americans' renewed for season 3
- Chloe Grace Moretz joins 'The 5th Wave'
- Miley Cyrus still ill, St. Louis show nixed
- 'Heroes Reborn' adds a digital prequel
- 'View': All 11 co-hosts together May 15
- Paul Walker's bros help finish 'F&F7'
- Ginny Potter, Quidditch Correspondent