Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote — and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Muriel Rosenberg (1-1 of 1)
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Shonda Rhimes to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Charlie Hunnam circles King Arthur role
- 'Arrow' casts Rila Fukushima as Katana
- Stephen Lee, character actor, dies at 58
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel