Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote — and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Muriel Rosenberg (1-1 of 1)
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast adds two
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- 'Shameless,' more Showtime premiere dates
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'