Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote — and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Muriel Rosenberg (1-1 of 1)
- 'No Good Deed' No. 1 at box office: $24.5M
- 'Django' actress vs. treatment by LAPD
- Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in London
- Cecily Strong on 'SNL' shift: 'genuinely happy'
- U2's 'free' album cost Apple $100M: Reports
- Nicole Kidman's father dies in accident
- 'Faking It' panel: Why Lauren's popping pills
- 'White Collar' return moved up to Nov. 6
- 'Grimm' unveils quartet of new Wesen
- 'Frozen'-themed ride eyed at Disney World