Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Muriel Rosenberg (1-1 of 1)
Nov 29 2012 12:57 PM ET
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single
- Jeanne Cooper tribute: First Look photo
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16