27 years ago today, Lindsay Morgan Lohan — née Lindsay Dee Lohan — was born in New York City.
It would be easy enough to mark the occasion by snarking about the state of her career — or with a much darker headline. Somehow, though, doing that wouldn’t feel right. Despite everything — and I do mean everything — Lindsay has said, done, and struck with her car over the past nine-ish years, there’s still a part of me (and maybe even a part of you) that wants to see her bounce back from her self-imposed train-wreckitude and emerge newly born, like a phoenix rising from an ashy nest of hair extensions and cigarette butts.
But why, exactly, am I rooting for Lindsay — and still fascinated by her, after all these years? Let me count the ways:
1. Her ace black and white court attire. It’s the duality of Lohan, guys!
2. Mean Girls, which — let’s face it — may as well be reasons 2-27 on this list. Some movies give an actor a lifetime pass, no matter what else they do professionally or in their personal lives; Mean Girls is one of those movies.
3. Her first-ever television appearance — on Letterman, in 1992, as a trick-or-treater dressed as garbage.
4. Her close and, by all accounts, genuine friendship with Charlie Sheen.
5. Her intense love triangle with Hilary Duff and Aaron Carter, circa 2003.
READ FULL STORY