This show. Seriously, just when I was starting to worry they were stretching out the Nick-Jess drama too much… DAMN. As in, “Damn, that was hot.” But also as in, “Damn you, fish tank!” Before we get into it, SPOILER ALERT!!! We’re putting up tonight’s recap a little early, so look alive, non-East Coasters and DVR dilly-dalliers. For everyone else, let’s do this. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Liz Meriwether (1-3 of 3)
Way to not drag out the sexual tension between Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson) for three more seasons, New Girl! As you probably just saw, after a year and a half of circling each other like awkward, depressed, and occasionally unstable sharks, Nick stunned the adorkable out of Jess’ face by planting a pretty damn hot kiss on her lips. READ FULL STORY
Friday night, I had the honor of moderating a panel at the New York Television Festival, which included New Girl‘s Liz Meriwether and Hannah Simone, Ben + Kate‘s Dakota Johnson and Lucy Punch, and Raising Hope‘s Shannon Woodward. And while I wasn’t fixating on why all funny women on Fox seem to have bangs, I was listening to these hilarious women’s responses to their favorite comedic actress (Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig), whether they’re allowed to improvise (hell no on Raising Hope, but hell yeah on the other shows. “Free writing!” Meriwether said), on which show they’d like to see their characters do a cross-over (pretty much a universal desire to be on Homeland), and whether that boob-slap match between Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Cece (Simone) hurt (nah,they were padded). But my favorite moment had to be when I asked Meriwether whether she had a plan about where Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess will end up and without missing a beat she said, “F—ing.” (But she said it without the dashes.) But then she conceded, “But he’ll marry someone else.”
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- Theater group seeks to show 'The Interview'
- 'Jessica Jones': Mike Colter in as Luke Cage
- Bill Cosby accused of another assault in '70s
- Katniss wax figure at Madame Tussauds
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- N.Y. theater sets live-read of 'The Interview'
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Hedwig' tune in NYC
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks