Videogames have always trended toward outlandish visions. The history of the medium is top-heavy with monster-infested fantasy worlds, outer-space battles, and racetracks that feature a perhaps-unrealistic amount of exploding cars. But the makers of the upcoming LA Noire are trying to capture the most spectacular image of all: The human face. The look and narrative of the game is taken from the noir-detective genre — lots of shadows and moral ambiguity — but the real draw of L.A. Noire is the photo-realistic technology that makes the characters look far more humanlike than, say, the mannequin-people of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Check out the new trailer for the videogame, due in May 2011. READ FULL STORY
Tag: L.A. Noire (1-1 of 1)
- President Obama on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Diddy offers $200M for Fuse: Report
- '12 Years a Slave': Post-Oscar $$ bump
- Justin Bieber: Surprise SXSW performance
- 'Tom & Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo': New 'toons
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Summer return on...
- Elisabeth Moss: Shirtless/revealing talk