Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Jessica Day (1-1 of 1)
- EW's Top 10 lists of 2013: See new cover
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Mindy,' 'Brooklyn,' 'Voice'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'You Are My Sunshine'
- 'AHS: Coven' peek: Who's at the door?
- Martin Short visits 'Bitter Party of Five'
- 'The Voice' recap: Carol and cringe
- 'Mindy Project': Dance, Chris Messina, dance!
- 'Hobbit' peek: Tauriel hangs tough with Legolas
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1426
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 676
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 441
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 356
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine
- 'The Voice' recap: Is The Twitter Save Cursed?
- Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson film hot, steamy 'Fifty Shades' scene -- PHOTO