After eight seasons, it’s no longer a question whether America’s Got Talent. (American Idol, and The Voice, and The X-Factor also kind of answered that already.) But what makes NBC’s summer staple so special is that singing’s only one among many talents that can be displayed. Though host Nick Cannon arguably gave the night’s best performance by pretending to be a contestant named Larry the Mime who went off on the judges and audience (“Boo yourself!”), there were many great acts actually eligible for the million dollar prize. And sure, a few of them were singers — but you can find people just like them on any other reality competition. Here are 5 of the best premiere auditions from acts that didn’t just hit the right notes: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Howie Mandel (1-1 of 1)
- Kyra Sedgwick: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig
- 'Arrow' casts J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo