The CW’s new meta-mystery Cult brings us into a world that most visitors to this website happen to know pretty well: The realm of overly obsessive pop culture fandom. It’s a sometimes fun, sometimes scary, always interesting shadowland where enthusiasm for fantasy takes the most peculiar forms: Ardent ‘shipping, colorful cosplay, mad theorizing by know-it-all bloggers who give themselves fake PhDs and are rarely correct about anything. (Such hacks! Such frauds!) Created by Farscape’s Rockne S. O’Bannon, a scribe with genre smarts who clearly knows much about the benefits and beautiful weirdness of fandom, Cult imagines a culture where a show called “Cult” airs on The CW and seems to be having a seriously adverse if not deadly affect on its most ardent viewers. (Like we said: Meta.) READ FULL STORY
Tag: Cult (1-1 of 1)
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks