It’s hard to believe that Tom Hanks has never been on Broadway before. But the two-time Oscar winner will make his debut this spring in Lucky Guy, a new play by Nora Ephron, the late writer-director of two of his biggest box office hits (Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail). And this is no one-man vanity project, as you can see from this exclusive first photo from the production, which begins previews March 1 before an official opening April 1 under the direction of two-time Tony winner George C. Wolfe. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bosom Buddies (1-2 of 2)
You may know Tom Hanks as Forrest or Woody, but what about Kip?
Back in 1980 – long before he was the most successful actor in Hollywood – Hanks starred as Kip Wilson in a cross-dressing sitcom called Bosom Buddies. The series only last two seasons, and aside from intermittent collaborations, Hanks and his co-star Peter Scolari haven’t really worked together since.
But that’s about to change. Producers announced yesterday that Hanks and Scolari are reuniting on the upcoming Broadway production of Lucky Guy, the Associated Press reports.
Written by the late Nora Ephron, Lucky Guy chronicles Pulitzer Prize-winning tabloid journalist Mike McAlary’s exploits and adventures in 1980’s New York. Hanks will play McAlary and Scolari will play columnist Michael Daly. The production marks Hanks’ Broadway debut; Scolari performed on Broadway in Sly Fox and Hairspray from 2003-04.
Broadway faces potential labor strike
‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof': Scarlett Johansson and Benjamin Walker talk upcoming Broadway show – EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Shia LaBeouf to make Broadway debut opposite Alec Baldwin
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016