Today is Bernadette Peters’ birthday. Peters has taught theater geeks everywhere to embrace both their comic and dramatic sides, to sing their hearts out, and to wear their curly hair as big as they want to. Even if you only know her as Sophie in Anastasia, you know she’s got a voice. Here are five reasons we’ll always love the Broadway darling: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bernadette Peters (1-2 of 2)
For what’s already shaping up to be one of the most celebrity-driven Tony Awards telecasts ever (Neil Patrick Harris! James Earl Jones! John Lithgow! Others!), the American Theatre Wing has just announced its first batch of presenters that will appear on the June 10 ceremony to dole out Broadway’s most prestigious honorifics.
The list does a surprisingly good job of spanning stage and screen (both small and silver), including names like Nick Jonas, Amanda Seyfried, Tyler Perry, Jessica Chastain, Jim Parsons, Paul Rudd, Ellen Barkin, Angela Lansbury, Bernadette Peters, Candice Bergen, Christopher Plummer, James Marsden, Mandy Patinkin, Sheryl Crow, Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
More celebrity presenters are expected to be announced in the coming week, as well as a full list of the scheduled performances from this year’s crop of musicals. The Tony Awards air on Sunday, June 10 on CBS at 8 p.m. ET.
Behind the scenes of ‘One Man, Two Guvnors’ TV spot — EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Neil Patrick Harris promotes the Tony Awards in a big way
Broadway’s ‘Death of a Salesman’ topped $1 million at the box office last week
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend
- AMAs 2014 ratings big, but down from '13
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC
- Oscar Isaac as 'X-Men: Apocalypse' villain
- Katy Perry set for Super Bowl halftime show
- Sting to join Broadway cast of 'Last Ship'
- Chris Colfer: More Land of Stories books
- American Music Awards winners are...
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC