We could tell you that this clip below is from the fifth season of Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole, a documentary series exploring the mysteries of of the universe that returns June 4. But all that does is delay getting to the point, which is that this clip features the show’s distinguished host Morgan Freeman on helium. Yes, the soothing baritone of the Oscar winner who has guided us through a prison incarceration in The Shawshank Redemption, helped us survive a meteor attack in Deep Impact, and convinced us in our weak late-night hours to buy McDonalds or use our Visa card in various commercials gets squeaky on a noble gas. The best part: There’s hugely no compelling reason for him to do this in the segment, it doesn’t demonstrate any kind of scientific principle, he just does it while talking about strange situations in science. Bonus point for the balloon matching Freeman’s shirt.
Morgan Freeman on helium
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- King Kong animated series coming to Netflix
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- 'Chicago Fire' react: 'Wow Me'
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' react: 'Carrier'
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast