The kitchen-sink scarefest anthology American Horror Story returns tonight with Coven, a new 13-episode saga of glorious perversion and off-kilter camera angles. Although the three iterations of AHS are set in radically different eras and locations, they have one very important thing in common: The presence of Jessica Lange, the two-time Oscar winner who has experienced a late-career renaissance playing variations of heavily-accented maternal overdrive in all three seasons of AHS. In the first season, she played a fading southern belle in La La Land; in season 2′s Asylum, she was a tough New England nun; now, in Coven, she’s a mega-powerful witch. In anticipation of a new season of withering put-downs and lacerating verbal wit, check out this collection of Lange’s most awesomely bitchy lines from the first two go-rounds of AHS.
Watch a supercut of Jessica Lange's bitchiest lines on 'American Horror Story' -- VIDEO
- Beyonce surprise: 'Visual Album' now on iTunes
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Get Up, Stand Up'
- 'Scandal' recap: 'A Door Marked Exit'
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- 'Descendants': Disney villains as parents of teens?