Paging Leslie Knope!
Parks and Rec co-stars Aubrey Plaza (29) and Nick Offerman (43) both have birthdays today and could use a little celebration, Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department-style. On the show, Amy Poehler’s Leslie Knope is famous for creating one-of-a-kind birthday extravaganzas that are a perfect representation of who the person is, what they like and what the hope to be. (For example, a few years back Offerman’s Ron Swanson gets steak, scotch and The Bridge on the River Kwai, which he is able to watch all alone, in peace.)
With the spirit of Leslie Knope in mind, let’s plan out a birthday celebration for Plaza and Offerman — or rather, some gifts for their beloved Parks and Recreation characters, who likely have got a lot coming up for them next season.
For Plaza a.k.a April:
– School supplies for veterinarian school in Bloomington, Indiana. Go Hoosiers! (Just kidding. She would never say that.)
– Gas card so she can still easily visit FBI agent Burt Macklin… I mean her husband Andy.
– BFF necklaces (From Ann, who is still trying to make that friendship happen.)
For Offerman a.k.a Ron:
– Tools from Food & Stuff.
– What to Expect When You’re Expecting alongside a binder full of helpful, personalized tips. (From Leslie, obviously.)
– Pillows and blankets to create a built-in bed for office naptime. He’s going to need it, and he’ll love it as a way to further waste Parks Dept. resources.
Emmy Watch: Adam Scott on Ben and Leslie’s wedding: ‘It wasn’t just a day at work’
Amy Poehler dating Nick Kroll: What would their ‘Parks and Recreation’ characters say?
Amy Poehler just wants Judy Blume to read to her