I don’t know, Brandon — if you have to say it, wethinks you doth protest too much. If you’ve watched tonight’s episode of The Bachelorette (and mild spoiler alert if you haven’t), you’ve also witnessed perhaps the franchise’s dumbest group date ever (a bunch of white guys — and Will — shoot a “rap video”), which prompted the aforementioned quote from the half-naked, banana-hammocked Brandon. Desiree showed some admirable gumption this week — first by insisting on driving her fancy car rather than letting the guys take the wheel, and later chiding a shy suitor: “Just kiss me already!” This week’s drama, such as it was, came courtesy of Ben — or, more accurately, from all of the other guys hating on Ben — but I can’t quite get behind him as a villain. I get the distinct sense that he’s just kind of smarmy, and Team Bachelorette is frantically editing around him to make him look worse than he is because the season needs a bad guy. (Previous Bachelorette villains were far more entertaining a-holes, like Wes, Bentley, and even Rated-R.) But enough about me; what did you think of week two? Stay tuned for my full recap later tonight (UPDATE: Click over for Kristen’s full Bachelorette episode 2 recap and Chris Harrison’s behind-the-scenes blog), and let me know what measures you’re taking to get that God-awful “rap” song “Right Reasons” out of your head. Sheesh.
'The Bachelorette' episode 2: 'I just adjusted -- I didn't touch anything!'
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'