I don’t know, Brandon — if you have to say it, wethinks you doth protest too much. If you’ve watched tonight’s episode of The Bachelorette (and mild spoiler alert if you haven’t), you’ve also witnessed perhaps the franchise’s dumbest group date ever (a bunch of white guys — and Will — shoot a “rap video”), which prompted the aforementioned quote from the half-naked, banana-hammocked Brandon. Desiree showed some admirable gumption this week — first by insisting on driving her fancy car rather than letting the guys take the wheel, and later chiding a shy suitor: “Just kiss me already!” This week’s drama, such as it was, came courtesy of Ben — or, more accurately, from all of the other guys hating on Ben — but I can’t quite get behind him as a villain. I get the distinct sense that he’s just kind of smarmy, and Team Bachelorette is frantically editing around him to make him look worse than he is because the season needs a bad guy. (Previous Bachelorette villains were far more entertaining a-holes, like Wes, Bentley, and even Rated-R.) But enough about me; what did you think of week two? Stay tuned for my full recap later tonight (UPDATE: Click over for Kristen’s full Bachelorette episode 2 recap and Chris Harrison’s behind-the-scenes blog), and let me know what measures you’re taking to get that God-awful “rap” song “Right Reasons” out of your head. Sheesh.
'The Bachelorette' episode 2: 'I just adjusted -- I didn't touch anything!'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'
- Stephen Chbosky 'Beauty and the Beast' gig
- 'Chicago Fire,' 'P.D.,' 'SVU' in crossover
- Netflix additions: 10 we like in October
- 'Simpsons' character dies; producer says...
- Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI
- Marvel and Jack Kirby family settle lawsuit
- 'Scorpion' react: 'Single Point of Failure'
- 'Atlanta Exes' season 1: How it ended