Here’s a fun one. No less a source than the original Mr. Sulu pointed out that the ship in the background is named “Takay” — the phonetic pronunciation of George Takei’s last name. That’s a pretty smart bit of fan service. By comparison, if I were writing the movie, I would probably send the Enterprise crew on an away mission to a wilderness preserve called “DeKelley Forest.” (Get it? Shut up.)
'Star Trek Into Darkness' trailer: A Deep Dive
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' in summer '17
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...