Here’s a fun one. No less a source than the original Mr. Sulu pointed out that the ship in the background is named “Takay” — the phonetic pronunciation of George Takei’s last name. That’s a pretty smart bit of fan service. By comparison, if I were writing the movie, I would probably send the Enterprise crew on an away mission to a wilderness preserve called “DeKelley Forest.” (Get it? Shut up.)
'Star Trek Into Darkness' trailer: A Deep Dive
(Page 6 of 10)
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'The Sacred Taking'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Scientist'
- Sundance: What's playing in 2014
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 687
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 373