Here’s a fun one. No less a source than the original Mr. Sulu pointed out that the ship in the background is named “Takay” — the phonetic pronunciation of George Takei’s last name. That’s a pretty smart bit of fan service. By comparison, if I were writing the movie, I would probably send the Enterprise crew on an away mission to a wilderness preserve called “DeKelley Forest.” (Get it? Shut up.)
'Star Trek Into Darkness' trailer: A Deep Dive
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7