It’s nearly November and you know what that means. No, not Thanksgiving, you cretin. It’s almost time for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2! Of course, the walk-up to this year’s Twilight is much more interesting than what we’ve seen in previous years. For one, it’s the final film. Two, Bella’s a vampire now. Three, there’s a hybrid vampire baby! Hmm. Am I forgetting anything? Ah, yes. The teensy, tiny matter of Kristen Stewart’s affair with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders.
For months, we’ve waited with bated breath to see how Stewart and Robert Pattinson would handle the forthcoming media blitz. (We won’t mention that it’s a bit anti-climatic now that they’re back together.) Well, it’s started and (click for dramatic music if you’re so inclined) the general tactic seems to be over-sharing. Earlier this week, Pattinson made an appearance on the Australian program The Kyle and Jackie O Show, where he discussed everything from his sex faces to Kristen Stewart farting (seriously). The interview’s split into two parts, which we’ve included below, but in case you’re feeling lazy, here are the highlights:
1. His favorite Twilight scene reminds him of flatulence: Pattinson revealed that his favorite scene from the movies is when Bella walks by behind Edward in the first film — but not for the reason you might think. “Whenever I see it, I’m just making the most ridiculous facial expressions. I was so serious. It looks like she’s farting as she walks by. It’s terrible.”
2. Marley & Me makes him cry: There’s nothing that upsets Pattinson more than seeing a dog die. “I watched it at 3 o’clock in the morning on one of the press tours for these films and I never want to see it again. It’s like looking at genocide,” he says. “I hate people, but I love dogs.”
3. His Starbucks’ order embarrasses him: “It’s the one that tastes like a latte, but is not actually a latte. It’s less calories.” What drink was he talking about? “A non-fat Misto. I either get that or I get one of the catering jugs and drink it all myself.” Nothing wrong with wanting to watch your figure!
4. The Twilight Saga’s PG-13 rating has forced him to work on his sex face: “You’re trying to think of inventive ways to make something sexy,” he confesses. “A lot of it was just closeups on me and Kristen’s faces. You try and give a face of ecstasy… Guys’ faces I don’t think are really designed to do that.”
5. He’s intimidated by his vampire alter-ego’s sexual prowess: “It also can’t just be a normal sex scene,” he says of Breaking Dawn – Part 2‘s infamous dalliance. “It’s supposed to be about, like, the greatest vampire sex you’ve ever had.” The worst part? Forty crew members were on hand to shoot the scene in question.
Check out the full interview (or just watch Part 2 for the real gems):
Here’s hoping he keeps on sharing! We like this RPattz.
Brush up on Bella, Edward and Jacob with EW’s ‘Twilight: The Complete Journey’
Casting Net: Robert Pattinson set for ‘Hold On to Me.’ Plus: Tyler Perry, Amy Adams, Tom Hardy
‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn’ to be released in IMAX internationally