The U.S. women’s basketball team is shooting for its fifth consecutive Olympic gold and their journey starts today against Croatia. The game airs live at 11:45 a.m. ET on NBC. We asked first-time Olympian Maya Moore, who shepherded UConn to two national titles and the Minnesota Lynx to its first championship, why it’ll be good TV. “I think you’re gonna see the kind of basketball where it makes you feel good to watch it — execution, passing the ball, real team ball, making sure we all make each other look good, and just that passion. A lot of people have said when they see us, they see how hard we go, and they have an even greater appreciation for the hustle and the skills that we have. We’ve got some crazy good athletes on the team this year and a lot of people who’ve won a lot of games, so it’s gonna be fun breaking down each team that way play and trying to bring back the gold medal,” she says. “You definitely have that memory etched in your mind of the anthem, everybody embraced and arms up, smiling, with a gold medal around their necks, so I can’t wait to get a chance to be a part of that. And hopefully we’ll be able to do that again.”
Watch my sport: U.S. women's basketball star Maya Moore edition
- 'Glee' peek: Shirtless Santa and the Chipmunks
- 'Elementary' First Look: Moriarty returns
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian?
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- 'Sound of Music': Stephen Moyer says...
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- 'Justice League': Let's cast it!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans