Batman isn’t the only one who got a wardrobe upgrade when director Christopher Nolan took the helm of the superhero franchise. After overseeing the redesign of the batsuit, costumer Lindy Hemming enlisted Giorgio Armani to add some bespoke style to Bruce Wayne’s look for The Dark Knight. In The Dark Knight Rises, Wayne’s closet is once again filled with elegant suits — including this two-button charcoal number complete with custom label. The Italian designer also outfitted Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and provided Anne Hathaway with accessories from his collections. I’m guessing Hathaway’s Armani accoutrements were used in scenes where she appears as Selena Kyle — Catwoman’s night vision goggles aren’t exactly hot off the runway.
'Dark Knight Rises' style: Batman's bespoke Armani suits
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum