Batman isn’t the only one who got a wardrobe upgrade when director Christopher Nolan took the helm of the superhero franchise. After overseeing the redesign of the batsuit, costumer Lindy Hemming enlisted Giorgio Armani to add some bespoke style to Bruce Wayne’s look for The Dark Knight. In The Dark Knight Rises, Wayne’s closet is once again filled with elegant suits — including this two-button charcoal number complete with custom label. The Italian designer also outfitted Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and provided Anne Hathaway with accessories from his collections. I’m guessing Hathaway’s Armani accoutrements were used in scenes where she appears as Selena Kyle — Catwoman’s night vision goggles aren’t exactly hot off the runway.
'Dark Knight Rises' style: Batman's bespoke Armani suits
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Greer Grammer named Miss Golden Globe
- Ty Herndon: 'out, proud, happy gay man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas on new EW cover
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Mockingjay': How big at the box office?
- 'Once Upon a Time' role for Merrin Dungey
- Bill Cosby: Woman details assault allegation
- Mike Nichols, Oscar-winning director, dies