Batman isn’t the only one who got a wardrobe upgrade when director Christopher Nolan took the helm of the superhero franchise. After overseeing the redesign of the batsuit, costumer Lindy Hemming enlisted Giorgio Armani to add some bespoke style to Bruce Wayne’s look for The Dark Knight. In The Dark Knight Rises, Wayne’s closet is once again filled with elegant suits — including this two-button charcoal number complete with custom label. The Italian designer also outfitted Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and provided Anne Hathaway with accessories from his collections. I’m guessing Hathaway’s Armani accoutrements were used in scenes where she appears as Selena Kyle — Catwoman’s night vision goggles aren’t exactly hot off the runway.
'Dark Knight Rises' style: Batman's bespoke Armani suits
- 'True Detective 2': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn
- Christina Applegate to visit 'Web Therapy'
- Whitley Strieber's 'Alien Hunter' as Syfy series
- Lena Dunham has some advice for you
- 'Gotham,' 'Big Bang' start strong in ratings
- 'Once Upon a Time' had Jamie Dornan plans
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes