From dream-casting the movie to hearing Barbara Walters wax poetic on S&M, we thought we’d seen it all when it came to Fifty Shades of Grey. But Ellen DeGeneres stepped it up a notch on Thursday. The talk show host and comedienne did a dramatic reading of the popular E L James romance novel as a “taping” of the audiobook version. Check out the clip below and tell us what you think — does her interpretation make you laugh out loud (I did!), or is it an injustice to some of the best literature of our time?
Ellen reads from 'Fifty Shades of Grey': 'Do not eat the pancakes!'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- Blink-182: Tom DeLonge's 'been exposed'
- John Legend, Common to perform at Oscars
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo in ABC pilot
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd