From dream-casting the movie to hearing Barbara Walters wax poetic on S&M, we thought we’d seen it all when it came to Fifty Shades of Grey. But Ellen DeGeneres stepped it up a notch on Thursday. The talk show host and comedienne did a dramatic reading of the popular E L James romance novel as a “taping” of the audiobook version. Check out the clip below and tell us what you think — does her interpretation make you laugh out loud (I did!), or is it an injustice to some of the best literature of our time?
Ellen reads from 'Fifty Shades of Grey': 'Do not eat the pancakes!'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': Is (SPOILER) dead?
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Nashville' recap: 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
Top 5 Most Read
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- 'Arrow' mid-season finale post-mortem: Scoop on all those surprises!
- 'American Horror Story' recap: That Darn Head