Leave it to Jon Stewart to put the Florida Family Association in its place for calling a boycott of TLC’s new reality show All-American Muslim because it dares to show a couple nervous about having a baby, rather than radicals.”The problem is the televising of Muslims without the terrorist element. You’re angry about that. Like when Touched by an Angel was forced to introduce the abortion-clinic bomber character,” Stewart said. Imagining the FFA’s other complaints about how TLC is failing to support stereotypes, Stewart added, “I’m also troubled why no one on your show Little People, Big World whistles why they work or makes candy for Willy Wonka.” Watch the takedown below.
Jon Stewart takes on Florida Family Association over 'All-American Muslim' flap -- VIDEO
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list