The rebooted version of Thundercats will arrive on Cartoon Network in July, but you can check out an extended look at the series in a new trailer that was presented over the weekend at WonderCon. I didn’t watch the original Thundercats and am generally skeptical about shows that feature talking cat-people with spiky hair, but at least based on the trailer, the show looks pretty nifty. The animation has a bright anime sheen, and there are plenty of epic sword-vs.-robot battle scenes, complete with an awesome war cry: “Fight like cats! For our ancestors! For the pride!” (Fun fact: Larry Kenney, the voice of Thundercats protagonist Lion-O in the original series, is back in the new show as Lion-O’s father.) Check out the trailer after the jump and let us know what you think about the newer, shapelier, epic-er Thundercats in the comments.
'Thundercats' reboot: WonderCon trailer shows some epic animal warfare
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list