The rebooted version of Thundercats will arrive on Cartoon Network in July, but you can check out an extended look at the series in a new trailer that was presented over the weekend at WonderCon. I didn’t watch the original Thundercats and am generally skeptical about shows that feature talking cat-people with spiky hair, but at least based on the trailer, the show looks pretty nifty. The animation has a bright anime sheen, and there are plenty of epic sword-vs.-robot battle scenes, complete with an awesome war cry: “Fight like cats! For our ancestors! For the pride!” (Fun fact: Larry Kenney, the voice of Thundercats protagonist Lion-O in the original series, is back in the new show as Lion-O’s father.) Check out the trailer after the jump and let us know what you think about the newer, shapelier, epic-er Thundercats in the comments.
'Thundercats' reboot: WonderCon trailer shows some epic animal warfare
- Katy Perry set for Super Bowl halftime show
- American Music Awards winners are...
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- Cosby accused by ex-comedy club manager
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- 'Homeland' casts B'way star in surprise role
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere