Remember 13-year-old Bethany Hamilton, the cute little blond girl who in 2003 was on all the morning news programs sharing the harrowing tale of how she lost an arm in shark attack? Well, she’s all grown up now. Last night, the professional surfer was on the red carpet with (from left) Carrie Underwood, AnnaSophia Robb, Helen Hunt, and Lorraine Nicholson for the premiere of Soul Surfer, the movie about her amazing return to the top of her sport. And frankly, the always-beautiful Ms. Carrie has nothing on the statuesque athlete, now 21, who did all the surfing stunt work in the movie and helped teach Robb, who plays her, how to surf. Inspirational, tough, and beautiful — quite a package, and one I wouldn’t mind seeing walk more red carpets in the future.
'Soul Surfer' premiere: Lil' Bethany Hamilton is all grown up
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Mayim Bialik to host 'Candid Camera'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017