Remember 13-year-old Bethany Hamilton, the cute little blond girl who in 2003 was on all the morning news programs sharing the harrowing tale of how she lost an arm in shark attack? Well, she’s all grown up now. Last night, the professional surfer was on the red carpet with (from left) Carrie Underwood, AnnaSophia Robb, Helen Hunt, and Lorraine Nicholson for the premiere of Soul Surfer, the movie about her amazing return to the top of her sport. And frankly, the always-beautiful Ms. Carrie has nothing on the statuesque athlete, now 21, who did all the surfing stunt work in the movie and helped teach Robb, who plays her, how to surf. Inspirational, tough, and beautiful — quite a package, and one I wouldn’t mind seeing walk more red carpets in the future.
'Soul Surfer' premiere: Lil' Bethany Hamilton is all grown up
- 'Voice': How about a Judges' Veto?
- 'Victoria's Secret': 12 years of 'Fantasy Bras'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season 6: Who killed, who died
- Golden Globe noms: TV wild cards we'd love to see
- Golden Globes: We predict the movie nominees
- Mayer Hawthorne's 'Reach Out Richard': First Look
- Amy Poehler presents 'Broad City': Sneak peek
Top 5 Most Read
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'Mary Poppins' star talks 50th anniversary and 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas special: See a clip -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO