- In extremely good-looking news: Olivia Wilde has been tapped to star alongside Chris Pine in DreamWorks’ Welcome to People, which follows a businessman (Pine) who is reunited with a long-lost alcoholic sister and 12-year-old nephew. Elizabeth Banks is playing the sister; Wilde will play Pine’s girlfriend. [THR]
- Toni Braxton — the Grammy-winning singer famous for “Un-Break My Heart” — will star with her family in Braxton Family Values, a new reality series for WE. The singer, who is arguably more famous these days for filing for bankruptcy twice than for her music, will appear with her four appropriately alliterative sisters who are also singers: Traci, Towanda, Trina, and Tamar.
- Nickelodeon has ordered a pilot starring Cymphonique called How to Rock Braces and Glasses. (We know one expert.) The pilot is an adaptation of an Alloy novel that centers on a popular girl who copes with nerdom after she’s forced to get glasses and braces. [Variety]
- This sounds pret-tay, pret-tay promising: Curb Your Enthusiasm star JB Smoove has teamed up with Shawn Levy and Aaron Shure to develop a comedy for Fox. The project would star Smoove as a divorcé who lives in his ex-wife’s basement due to financial constraints. [Variety]
Excess Hollywood: Olivia Wilde greets 'Welcome to People'
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?