- In extremely good-looking news: Olivia Wilde has been tapped to star alongside Chris Pine in DreamWorks’ Welcome to People, which follows a businessman (Pine) who is reunited with a long-lost alcoholic sister and 12-year-old nephew. Elizabeth Banks is playing the sister; Wilde will play Pine’s girlfriend. [THR]
- Toni Braxton — the Grammy-winning singer famous for “Un-Break My Heart” — will star with her family in Braxton Family Values, a new reality series for WE. The singer, who is arguably more famous these days for filing for bankruptcy twice than for her music, will appear with her four appropriately alliterative sisters who are also singers: Traci, Towanda, Trina, and Tamar.
- Nickelodeon has ordered a pilot starring Cymphonique called How to Rock Braces and Glasses. (We know one expert.) The pilot is an adaptation of an Alloy novel that centers on a popular girl who copes with nerdom after she’s forced to get glasses and braces. [Variety]
- This sounds pret-tay, pret-tay promising: Curb Your Enthusiasm star JB Smoove has teamed up with Shawn Levy and Aaron Shure to develop a comedy for Fox. The project would star Smoove as a divorcé who lives in his ex-wife’s basement due to financial constraints. [Variety]
Excess Hollywood: Olivia Wilde greets 'Welcome to People'
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- 'Dancing With the Stars' 3 finalists are...
- 'True Detective' casts 3 in key roles
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- Idina Menzel announces world tour
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC