Steinfeld was sweet and refreshingly innocent, clearly thrilled to sit down with her more wizened peers. “Everything I do now is a first,” she said. “I’ve never done this type of interview before.” She revealed that she had once tried out for the role in Diary of a Wimpy Kid that went to Moretz instead. When it comes to former child stars, she looks up to the likes of Jodie Foster. People tell her she resembles a young Diane Lane. (It’s true.) As you’ll hear in the video below, the road to Mattie was a long and arduous one. And when it comes to her True Grit co-star Jeff Bridges and his divine resume, she bows down before the Dude.
Introducing Hailee Steinfeld, the girl who stole the Coen Brothers' hearts
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks