Sundance favorite Catfish, a self-described “reality thriller” that follows the online courtship of 24-year-old photographer Nev Schulman and a woman named Megan to a shocking conclusion, hits select theaters Sept. 17. If you haven’t heard about the documentary, watch the trailer below first, then hit the clips we’ve embedded. That way, you feel the proper mixed emotions as you watch filmmakers Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, Nev’s brother, film him falling for Megan. As fan Brett Ratner, who helped find it a buyer, said, “This is one of the most compelling films I’ve seen in years. Not only because of what an audience pleaser it is, but more so because of what a statement it makes. All I can say is it was jaw-dropping and I was so surprised by the way I felt watching it.” Let’s keep the comments spoiler-free (after all, the movie’s tagline is “Don’t let anyone tell you what it is”). But are you intrigued?
'Catfish' clips: A movie you'll be talking about
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Josh Radnor in 'Disgraced': EW stage review
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover