Let me not say too much about the following preview clip from Project Runway‘s eighth season premiere (July 29, 9 p.m. ET, Lifetime): Still, on a scale of one to “it’s a mother******* walkoff,” I’d put Tim and Heidi’s special announcement at around a five. Some of these contestants are bound to end up in the emotional fetal position. But honestly, isn’t that how we like our designers — panicked, exhausted, and sewing till their fingers bleed? Check out the preview clip after the jump — you’ll only see it here on EW.com — and then head down to the comments and rate your excitement level for the new Runway season.
'Project Runway' season 8 exclusive: A season-premiere clip -- with a surprise twist for the contestants!
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online