According to a TV Guide report confirmed by EW.com, David Cross has signed on as a recurring cast member and will appear in seven of the first 13 episodes of Fox’s fall comedy Running Wilde, which stars his former Arrested castmate Will Arnett. But that’s not the only AD connection: Arnett created the series with Arrested mastermind/exec producer Mitch Hurwitz and writer-producer Jim Vallely. Cross will play an extreme environmentalist who’s been living in the Amazon with his fiance (Keri Russell). Given that Arnett is the son of an oil tycoon and has a thing for Russell on the show, I’m guessing that he and Cross are being set-up as adversaries here, which boasts the potential for shenanigans o’ plenty. That said, I wouldn’t mind if Cross’ environmentalist is so clueless and deluded, he somehow winds up joining forces professionally with Arnett’s rich brat. (Perhaps Gobias Industries can expand its empire to South America?) PopWatchers, does this casting news make you more likely to watch Running Wilde? Is it just a matter of time before Jason Bateman (who recently did this with Arnett) makes an appearance? And are you anticipating a fun, sexy time when the show debuts in September?Slowly but surely, we’re edging our way toward an Arrested Development reunion. I’m not talking about that long-awaited movie, but rather a project in the original medium.
'Arrested Development' mini-reunion alert: David Cross joins Will Arnett in Fox's 'Running Wilde'
- 'Houdini' debut draws 3.7M viewers
- 'Hemlock Grove' gets third/final season
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement
- CeeLo Green deletes tweets on defining rape
- Tyne Daly to guest on 'Modern Family'
- Rosie Perez + 4 join Larry David B'way play
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 here