CHUD the ’80s-set Anchorman sequel that fell apart over budget issues was going to be a musical. “We were going to do four months on Broadway and then jump right into filming,” he said. Two reasons to believe him aside from the “Afternoon Delight” moment in the first film (and the music video): Ferrell’s limited run with You’re Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush in 2009, and we know Paul Rudd loves to karaoke. (McKay’s reps did not have further comment on the matter when contacted earlier today.)This is something we choose to believe because it would have been awesome: Adam McKay told
Jul 19 2010 01:56 PM ET
'Anchorman 2' was going to be a musical, says Adam McKay
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- Billy Joel in 'N.Y. Times Mag': 10 tidbits
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- Fox: Office-firing show 'cathartic'
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!