CHUD the ’80s-set Anchorman sequel that fell apart over budget issues was going to be a musical. “We were going to do four months on Broadway and then jump right into filming,” he said. Two reasons to believe him aside from the “Afternoon Delight” moment in the first film (and the music video): Ferrell’s limited run with You’re Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush in 2009, and we know Paul Rudd loves to karaoke. (McKay’s reps did not have further comment on the matter when contacted earlier today.)This is something we choose to believe because it would have been awesome: Adam McKay told
'Anchorman 2' was going to be a musical, says Adam McKay
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover