CHUD the ’80s-set Anchorman sequel that fell apart over budget issues was going to be a musical. “We were going to do four months on Broadway and then jump right into filming,” he said. Two reasons to believe him aside from the “Afternoon Delight” moment in the first film (and the music video): Ferrell’s limited run with You’re Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush in 2009, and we know Paul Rudd loves to karaoke. (McKay’s reps did not have further comment on the matter when contacted earlier today.)This is something we choose to believe because it would have been awesome: Adam McKay told
'Anchorman 2' was going to be a musical, says Adam McKay
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Ray Donovan' react: 'Rodef'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS