CHUD the ’80s-set Anchorman sequel that fell apart over budget issues was going to be a musical. “We were going to do four months on Broadway and then jump right into filming,” he said. Two reasons to believe him aside from the “Afternoon Delight” moment in the first film (and the music video): Ferrell’s limited run with You’re Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush in 2009, and we know Paul Rudd loves to karaoke. (McKay’s reps did not have further comment on the matter when contacted earlier today.)This is something we choose to believe because it would have been awesome: Adam McKay told
'Anchorman 2' was going to be a musical, says Adam McKay
- 'The Voice' recap: Sleepy semifinal
- 15 blasts from the past in '13: Winners/losers
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' baroness, dies
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' role for Callum Keith Rennie
- 'Mentalist': A (SPOILER!) for Lisbon?
- Britney's 'Chaotic' revisited: 5 cringeworthy clips
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Check out the sickening season 6 supertease and meet the queens -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO