It wasn’t the easiest week to be an American Idol fan — not with what Paige Miles, Tim Urban, and Andrew Garcia did to “Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now),” “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” and “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” respectively. But Idolatry is here to help you recover from the horror in time for Tuesday’s R&B night with guest mentor Usher. My cohost Tanner Stransky and I have a few suggestions for improving the downward spiral of season 9, plus, our executive producer Jason Averett has selected some classic film clips to turn “frightening” into “frighteningly funny.” Oh, and in the spirit of Idol fandom, Tanner and I even found nice things to say about the Top 11 Week debacle (and guest mentor Miley Cyrus). Press play below, then head down to the comments section to share your own thoughts. And follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak. (p.s. If you have any trouble viewing the Idolatry player below, try visiting our Idolatry player hub here.)
'Idolatry': How this week's 'American Idol' had shades of 'Ringu,' 'Hannah Montana,' and 'The Big Lebowski'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover