It wasn’t the easiest week to be an American Idol fan — not with what Paige Miles, Tim Urban, and Andrew Garcia did to “Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now),” “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” and “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” respectively. But Idolatry is here to help you recover from the horror in time for Tuesday’s R&B night with guest mentor Usher. My cohost Tanner Stransky and I have a few suggestions for improving the downward spiral of season 9, plus, our executive producer Jason Averett has selected some classic film clips to turn “frightening” into “frighteningly funny.” Oh, and in the spirit of Idol fandom, Tanner and I even found nice things to say about the Top 11 Week debacle (and guest mentor Miley Cyrus). Press play below, then head down to the comments section to share your own thoughts. And follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak. (p.s. If you have any trouble viewing the Idolatry player below, try visiting our Idolatry player hub here.)
'Idolatry': How this week's 'American Idol' had shades of 'Ringu,' 'Hannah Montana,' and 'The Big Lebowski'
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk