2. “I Poke Her Face,” Kid Cudi/Kanye/Common/Lady Gaga. Because I know every lyric.
3. “Trouble,” by Ray LaMontagne. This is my theme song. “Worry been doggin’ my soul since the day I was born.” I just knew they’d cancel BSG, and I still can’t get over it.
4. “You Can Run,” Bryan Greenberg/Kid Cudi. The live version. It’s a song about the people who didn’t believe in you, and then you get successful and they can’t escape your good fortune. There’s an awesome, laid-back version of it on YouTube. It’s a must listen.
5. “Death to Auto Tune,” Jay-Z. Finally someone puts an end to the agony of Auto Tune!
6. “On My Way,” Ben Kweller. I found this song at a karaoke bar in Japan and fell in love with it. Note to self: Never sing in public. Ever. Again.
7. “I Don’t Think I’m Ever Gonna Figure It Out,” Elliott Smith. It’s a rare song from one of his demos and it’s amazing. Sometimes all you need is one guitar and a mic and a sick songwriter.
8. “Ain’t No Rest For the Wicked,” Cage the Elephant. This is my other theme song.
9. “Auditorium,” Mos Def/Slick Rick. Great beat, plus Slick Rick is back with a vengeance on this track.
10. “Take a Minute,” K’nnan. Not many good positive hip-hop cats artists out there who have a message to their music. If Bob Marley could rap he would be K’nnan.
addCredit(“Alan Thicke: Francis Specker/Landov”)