We all know the first stop on the comeback train is Self-Referential Humor Town. Newly-single Lindsay Lohan is its latest visitor with an eHarmony profile spoof on Funny or Die. She describes herself as "a workaholic, a shopaholic, and, according to the state of California, an alcoholic," and reveals that her compatible mate — male or female — doesn’t have family members quick to issue restraining orders. Is this a smart career move or a sign of desperation? Sure, I laughed while watching it. But at this point, has the "poke fun at yourself" way of handling Hollywood hiccups become too calculating and cliché to fuel the comeback train?
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!