There’s been a whole bunch of web chatter lately about whether Betty should start canoodling with her boss, Daniel Meade, on Ugly Betty this season. Apparently a lot of people are into this idea, and in versions of Ugly Betty in other countries, that has, in fact, happened between those two characters. But now Eric Mabius, the actor who plays Daniel here in the good old USA, tells the Associated Press that he thinks a Betty-Daniel romance would be lethal. "That would be the equivalent of us jumping the shark," Mabius told the AP. "In all the other series . . . they get married and the show ends! I’m not too excited about that idea!" Typically, when shows built around romantic tension do finally let their lead actors get horizontal, it does tend to suck the life out of the show. Moonlighting and Cheers immediately spring to mind. But it would be delicious to see the ultimate ladies’ man realize that the perfect woman for him was right in front of him all along. And she isn’t a size zero. What do you think popwatchers? Would a Betty-Daniel makeout session light your fire? Or would it have you running for the remote?
Mar 26 2009 12:32 AM ET
'Ugly Betty': Should Betty hook up with her boss?
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 408
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 340
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 500