A nice essay in which the author reflects on John Hughes’ 1987 holiday film, which he maintains is "a classic that almost surpasses any of the teen comedies Hughes made." I might have to agree — one scene alone (see "Clip du Jour" below) kills me every time I watch it.
Site of the Day: 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles,' an appreciation
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.