A nice essay in which the author reflects on John Hughes’ 1987 holiday film, which he maintains is "a classic that almost surpasses any of the teen comedies Hughes made." I might have to agree — one scene alone (see "Clip du Jour" below) kills me every time I watch it.
Site of the Day: 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles,' an appreciation
- 'Sex Box' reality series OK'd at WEtv
- 'Blacklist,' 'Voice,' more NBC finale dates
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- President Obama on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Game of Thrones' gets Vanity Fair cover
- 'Big Bro,' 'Dome' premiere dates are...
- Tom Bergeron plans 'Home Videos' exit
- 'Tom & Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo': New 'toons