A nice essay in which the author reflects on John Hughes’ 1987 holiday film, which he maintains is "a classic that almost surpasses any of the teen comedies Hughes made." I might have to agree — one scene alone (see "Clip du Jour" below) kills me every time I watch it.
Site of the Day: 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles,' an appreciation
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- Paramount apology for 'TMNT' 9/11 poster
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- Kyra Sedgwick: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig
- 'Arrow' casts J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con