A nice essay in which the author reflects on John Hughes’ 1987 holiday film, which he maintains is "a classic that almost surpasses any of the teen comedies Hughes made." I might have to agree — one scene alone (see "Clip du Jour" below) kills me every time I watch it.
Site of the Day: 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles,' an appreciation
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 'Revenge' adds Gina Torres in recurring role
- Charlie Sheen revisits 'Ferris' for 'Goldbergs'
- Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
- 'The Voice' season 7 winner is...
- 'Parks and Rec' peek at Pawnee 2017
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- Netflix: See what's new for January
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks