"I’ve been thinking about myself, and I think I can become the kind of person that’s worth you staying for. First of all, I’m a man who can cry. Now it’s true, it’s usually when I’ve hurt myself, but it’s a start. You see, I know there’s something that would make you stay. I know it. I know there’s some move I could make — the right word, attitude, plan — but these are all just tricks. These are all just things I would think up and try. So let’s forgo that. Let’s assume that whatever that thing is, that whatever it is that would make you stay, has occurred, that it has happened, and that my hand has already gone down your throat, and grabbed your heart, and squoze it. [Door slams in his face.] Ow." — Harris (Steve Martin), trying to convince Sara (Victoria Tennant) not to return to England in L.A. Story. (The whole Martin-penned script is quote-worthy, but you’ll find this one at 1:06 in the clip below.)
Quote of the Day: 'L.A. Story' Edition
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 2013 Apocalypse Movie Quiz: Show what you know!
- Beyonce 'Visual Album': Preview the videos/songs
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Jon Hamm interviews (former student) Ellie Kemper
- 'Hobbit' as two movies? Peter Jackson's Plan B
- Julia Roberts: Flowers = 'Late Show' tears
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney Channel plans original movie 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: Stand Up and Take It
- Golden Globes: Alfonso Cuaron on his bumpy 'Gravity' journey and the inaccuracy you never noticed
- Beyonce releases surprise album
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Devil Came In'