If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
Jan 30 2007 04:07 PM ET
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- Seth Meyers on 'SNL' transition: 'Today'
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Warehouse 13' canceled by Syfy
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings