If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans