If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?