If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks