If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- Bieber deport bid: White House says...
- Bryan Singer disputes Hawaii abuse claim
- Michelle Obama to visit 'Nashville'
- Kim Novak stands up to Oscar 'bullies'
- 'Midnight Rider' crew boycott urged
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Sex list' is real,' but...
- James Franco vs. N.Y. Times reviewer
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out