If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- Angelina Jolie to direct Richard Leakey biopic
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman gets B'way role
- 'Godzilla' has a 'Breaking Bad' Easter egg
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron
- Darrell Hammond is new 'SNL' announcer
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey