If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald‘s Rene Rodriguez. "As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom," Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive — yet utterly cool.
There's X-cellent symbolism in 'The Departed'
- Mike Vogel to star in Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- Shonda Rhimes dramas deliver ratings record
- Jon Stewart visits 'The Colbert Report'
- 'Bones' birth: What a Sweets moment
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- Greer Grammer named Miss Golden Globe
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Mockingjay': How big at the box office?