Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests — a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like "Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother." (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
OMG, 'SNL' was actually funny!
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Maze Runner' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $11M
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron