I feel a little bad about subjecting Mike Morrison, a nice, harmless Canadian (and an entertainment blogger in his own right), to grueling psychological experiments. Still, he volunteered. Morrison, who until last weekend had never seen a Star Wars movie, agreed to submit to PopWatch’s challenge and watch all 14 hours of the saga during Cinemax’s post-midnight marathon on Friday night. I feel guilty for having him watch the episodes in chronological narrative order instead of the order the movies were released; as a result, his first exposure to George Lucas’ universe was Jar Jar Binks and bratty little Anakin, and the juicy Skywalker family shockers of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were long since spoiled. Nonetheless, Mike came through with flying colors. Read his witty and poignant report of his initiation into the ways of the Force here. Done well you have, young Padawan.
Confessions of a former 'Star Wars' virgin
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- Bethenny Frankel back on 'Real Housewives'
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch Oct. 21
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'My Little Pony' movie set for 2017
- Taylor Swift previews 'Welcome to New York'
- Jay Leno receives Mark Twain Prize
- Emma Stone in 'Cabaret': First Look photo