As is often the case when someone so young passes away, we’re still in shock over the news that Gerald LeVert died of a heart attack on Friday at age 40. LeVert had been cranking out the hits since the mid-’80s, as part of the trio LeVert, which was best known for the crossover smash "Casanova" (listen to it by clicking here, courtesy of the good folks at Idolator) and R&B hits like "(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind" and "Baby I’m Ready" (the latter clip comes complete with some eighties-tastic video-vixen fashions). LeVert later went on to achieve solo success (see "Private Line") and was part of the trio LSG (with Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill) whose hits included "My Body." If it’s a little live footage you’re after, though, check out LeVert’s 2005 duet with Patti LaBelle on "Here and Now." Powerful stuff indeed.
Nov 13 2006 03:13 PM ET
Gerald LeVert, R.I.P.
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- 'Transformers 4' gig for Li Bingbing: Report
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 410
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 547
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 374