Many years ago, I got to meet the guys from Radiohead and found them to be nice, modest, charming, polite Englishmen — this was after they had established themselves as electrifying live performers but before they had become Reluctant Rock Messiahs. I’m not sure they’ve ever managed to save rock & roll, but I did always appreciate that they do things their own way, which now includes touring next month with a setlist of new songs but no album release. Today, the band announced dates and venues where you can hear Thom Yorke (pictured) and the boys perform their yet-unheard music. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at their website. Meanwhile, you can watch their progress toward recording the new album via photos on Radiohead’s Dead Air Space blog.
May 1 2006 09:45 PM ET
Radiohead's live workshop
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!