Thanks to linguists Tom and Katie, we all now know that ”Suri” supposedly means ”princess” in Hebrew and ”red rose” in Persian. (Alas, my Hebrew-to-English and Farsi-to-English dictionaries are in the shop, so I haven’t confirmed those translations.) Now, thanks to the U.K.’s Times Online, we also know that it means ”pickpocket” in Japanese. And of course, in every language, it means ”publicity blitz.” Anyway, I applaud the new parents for their cleverness in picking a name so versatile that, no matter where the little girl travels, she’ll be snickered at behind her back.
Yes, Suri, that's my baby
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum